The strongest computer bridge player in the world
breakthrough in bridge software" (Onno Eskes, editor of
the Dutch Bridge Magazine IMP)
- "The best bridge-playing program we have seen"
(The Bridge World)
- "The best of its kind" (Alan Truscott,
bridge columnist for the New York
- "Revolutionary; certainly much better than any other
program I have ever seen ... entirely in a class by itself"
(Fred Gitelman, Canadian internationalist)
- "GIB bids well, and its play and defence are superior to
any other program I have seen. The graphics are excellent ... deal
library [is] a huge bonus ... a bargain." (Ron
Klinger in The
- Certainly the strongest in the card-play of the bridge
programs that are currently available ... simple to use ... excellent
feature [is the] provision of deals from a selection of world
championships and important events. (
Robert Sheehan, bridge columnist for The
- "The top-ranking computer program on the market"
(London's Evening Standard)
GIB crushes all opposition in Bermuda
GIB completely dominated the Orbis World
Computer Bridge Championships in Bermuda, winning the round robin,
the bidding competition and the main event. GIB was playing Moscito Byte, an action system based on a
strong club and relays; our comments on the event are here, and the ACBL report is here. GIB also dominated the 1998 computer
bridge championships in Chicago.
GIB 4.1: Play GIB on the internet
The current version of our user interface allows you to play with
friends against GIB over the internet.
GIB also includes GIBson, our revolutionary new cardplay engine based
on a true single-dummy solver as opposed to a double-dummy
GIB to compete in the Cavendish
GIB has been tentatively invited to compete in the Cavendish secondary event in
2002. The winner of this event is automatically invited to
participate in the main event the following year.
Overview of Features
- Highest quality of play of any bridge
program, commercial or otherwise
- Easy-to-use graphical interface
- Multilingual interface supporting Dutch,
English, Finnish, French, German, Hungarian, Italian, Spanish,
Swedish and other languages
- Get hints or watch GIB think
- Compare your play with closed room experts:
Replay 9000+ deals from international tournaments and compare your
actions to those of the masters (screen shots) or play
one of 6000 deals that have been preplayed by GIB
- Variety of defensive signalling options. Not
only does GIB signal, it watches your signals and defends
- The only computer program ever to have been a member of
the ACBL or to have won master points in play against humans
- ACBL and international-style convention
- Wide range of bidding systems, including Standard
American, 2/1 Game Forcing, Kaplan-Sheinwold, ACOL, and traditional
Goren; many individual conventions as well
- High-visibility card option for use on small or
- Sophisticated artificial intelligence search
algorithms use Monte Carlo techniques for card play and Borel
simulations for bidding
- GIB also includes a free copy of the American Contract Bridge League's
"Learn to Play Bridge" software.
GIB convention card
Toll-free order line (U.S., Canada): (877)PLAY-GIB or (877)752-9442
Other orders: (702)341-9993
Las Vegas, NV USA 89135
GIB is priced at US$79.95.
- 133 MHz Pentium processor
- 32 MB memory
- 12 MB disk
- SVGA (800 x 600) graphics or better
- Windows95, 98, 2000 or NT
- Linux executables included
This page has been accessed times since May 20, 1998.